I interrupt our usual programming with a request - perhaps this is you or someone you know.
Exponential View is a community-driven newsletter with the mission to offer a deep understanding of the technologies driving the transition to the Exponential Age.
The mission of Exponential View is not only to understand the transformation we’re undergoing, but also to provide a platform for building and investing towards a sustainable, just, and expansive future. As such, Exponential View sits at the intersection of content creation, community, and enabling collective action.
Important considerations include: startups as the edge of practical innovation, addressing climate change through technologies, business models design and new services, the application of deep technologies.
We are looking for a highly capable, analytically-minded and motivated generalist with startup experience to join our team and support operations across three pillars of the business. In this position, you will cross between our Exponential View Podcast, the Exponential View wondermissive and the Exponential Do community, with the mission to help members and audiences of Exponential View.
You'll work across the three existing activities: our community, the podcast and the newsletter.
Exponential Do Community:
- Work with the Exponential View team and community stakeholders in a measurable and lean way to implement a community development roadmap and add value to members.
- Work with members to organise events, programs and support their projects within the community.
- Own the outcome by being the expert on the health of the community and taking the initiative to improve it.
- Represent the voice of members by having a qualitative and quantitative understanding of the community experience and sharing that knowledge internally.
Exponential View Podcast:
- Own the production of the Exponential View Podcast from scheduling guests to coordinating the recording, research support, working with an audio engineer in post-production and promoting the show.
- Apply analytical rigour to track the regular performance of the show, and take initiatives to improve it.
- Own the outcome by actively working to increase insights per minute and reach new audiences.
Exponential View Newsletter:
- Act as the bridge between the Exponential Do community, the EV Podcast and the Exponential View newsletter by ensuring a seamless member experience across the distinct outputs.
- Contribute to the agenda
- Work closely with the Senior Editor of Exponential View to ensure quality control of the weekly newsletter output.
- Be the champion for Exponential View readers by providing regular subscriber support.
What we’re looking for:
Our ideal candidate has the following qualities:
Strong generalist, analytically rigorous and well versed in subscriber-based business models.
- Experience in community building. This doesn’t have to be through a formal company role.
- Demonstrated interest in startups or early-stage
- Embodies an “owner” attitude in terms of leading with action: keeping their feet firmly in the present, by analysing what exists now and how that relates to the future opportunities.
- A competent facilitator of open, complex, multifaceted discussions.
- Has clear and articulate written and verbal communication but is handy with a spreadsheet too (if need be).
- Kind, giving and eager to learn.
We’re a distributed team and we hire globally; however, it’s important for candidates to have significant overlap with UK working hours (max 5 hours apart.).
This is not a traditional job: it is a unique opportunity to work in a startup that sits across vertical social networks and digital media in the creator economy. This role will fit someone with a go-getter attitude, used to working in dynamic and self-directed environments.
We’re aspiring to make this into a full-time role. You will start part-time, and transition full-time if we’re a fit.
Why you might be interested
- Contribute to scaling an impactful venture in an evolving industry
- Startup environment, significant autonomy in leading the project
- Direct exposure to founders, investors, policy-makers, academics, thinkers and builders focused on the future.
How to apply:
If you think you would rock in this role, apply using this link (subject “Generalist for Exponential View - Application”), share information about yourself and why you’re interested in the role. Please include your resume and/or a link to your LinkedIn profile and compensation expectations. Because we’ll get a load of responses, please do forgive us if we can’t acknowledge your reply.
Thanks again for considering - and if you know someone brilliant for whom this might fit, please let them know.
Sign in or become a Exponential View member to join the conversation.